Folder deletions?

Can someone let me know which of the following I can safely delete. btw...my computer has no internet whatsoever.
Microsoft ActiveSync
windows mail
windows journal
c:\ captures
c:\ EFI
c:\ kiosk
c:\ netgear
c:\ PerfLogs
c:\ uploads

thanks for your help!

Quite simply...I don't like things taking up room/space that I don't need.
my computer is another that has no internet connectivity. No ethernet, no wifi, nothing. It will not and will never connect to the internet. It is used for games and autocad, that's it.

Hi I'm sorry, but I really don't know how to answer you? Maybe other members will respond later. I have never seen a request like yours before.

Did you delete them after making a system image backup ?
If so, did you see any malfunction in your computer usage ?
Best to use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of some things.
It can be configured to make a backup of what you removed.
Plus Google anything you want to remove so you know if you should remove it & how.

EDIT--- With a full system backup from Macrium Reflect you don't have much to worry about.
Make or buy system recovery discs from the maker.
I never thought I would need them but have used them 4 times in the last 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows Mail is the built-in mail app that you can keep.

If you use Gmail or something else you CAN remove it.
Resetting the 'mailto" default takes a bit of work.

Making requests for help & then not responding really sucks.

Also you may want to cool down a bit. Many people can't come to the forums except between certain hours so expecting them to respond within 4-8 hours is a bit unreasonable.

Also you may want to cool down a bit. Many people can't come to the forums except between certain hours so expecting them to respond within 4-8 hours is a bit unreasonable.
You are right.
I agree. :)
I'll try to be better in the future.

Back