TechSpot

Folder Lock is not working...

By JFraser1
Jan 28, 2008
  1. Hi, I purchased/downloaded Folder Lock several months ago and I've been re-downloading/installing it several times from various locations (even various versions as well) but I just can't get it to work. What happens is when I open it immediately after installation the "Welcome" screen pops up which informs me that I need to type a password in the next screen. When I hit "OK" it doesn't respond and it never lets me progress to the next screen where I would enter my password. In other words, it won't ever let me progress past the welcome screen. I have Windows XP SP2, completely up to date, a fairly fast computer, a purchased version of the latest Folder Lock, etc. Any suggestions?

2. retexan599

retexan599 TS Rookie

I am able to use Folder Lock. Don't remember if I had any problems after the first install (it was several months ago). One thing I have done: I found that Folder Lock interfered with my using Windows Movie Maker (I am using Vista). So I moved the program from my regular hard drive to my external hard drive and do not have that interference. Best luck...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.