Folder Option Not Avalible in Control Pannel

Status
Not open for further replies.
First problem is the folder option icon is not avalible in the control pannel, also this option is not avalible in the tool menu bar of any folder from which we can chage the folder setting, i.e show or hide hidden content.
Second problem is i logg in with Administration a/c but when i type regedit in run it gives a message that "Registry editting has been disable by ur administrator".
Kindly help me out to solve this problem. My OS is WinXP Professional with SP2
Thanks

This sounds like the PC has been deliberately set up to prevent anyone changing critical settings. I have come across this on PCs for use in schools for example.
Without wishing to insult you, agressor, please assure us that this is not the case here! You will have to have access to the administrator account anyway to clear these settings as, as you have correctly discovered, you need access to the registry to change them.

well its my personal PC. Not any school or college computer.i don't want to reinstall the windows, thats why i asked here for some help
Thanks Both of u for the reply

I understand your not wanting to reinstall the OS, but in some cases like this one it is sometimes the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back