TechSpot

Folding @ Home on Server 2003

By skitzo_zac
Apr 9, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im not sure if this belongs in this board or in the Windows board or the Security and the Web board.

But anyways, I have installed Folding @ Home on a sever running Server 2003 and I cant get it too work. It gets a status 407 error. which seems to be a proxy authentication error. I put in the proxy details and it still fails to work. I have Folding working on 4 computers connected to the proxy via the server in question and they work fine and can connect to the F@H servers to get work packets. So the error does not lie with the proxy itself. I have tried with 4 different versions of F@H on the server and they all have the same error.

Does anybody have any ideas how to get it folding and connect to the proxy?

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Are you using BOINC?

3. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 459

After looking up BOINC on wikipedia and skimming through the following articles BOINC and List of distributed computing projects It appears that Folding @ Home doesnt not use BOINC. Not that I really know what that means.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.