TechSpot

Followup - Unable to install Windows Server 2003 on Dell Poweredge 2950

By Billden
Jul 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I was reading an old post entitled 'Unable to install Windows Server 2003 on Dell Poweredge 2950' and I need more info on the topic.

Like the original poster, I too have a PE 2950 that I need to reinstall Server 2003 on. It is currently running Server 2008. I too am getting the error "unable to find hard drives". I assumed from the previous posting that this is a RAID issue. Apparently there is some sort of "Dell utility" that I can download from the Dell site that will allow the Server 2003 installation to recognize the drives. Is this correct? What is the name of the utility? How do I run the utility while trying to install 2003?

i know it's a lot of questions but I want to finally get this thing working. By the way, it is running fine in 2008 so I know all the hardware is fine. I just need to reinstall 2003 for the project I am working on.

Please be as detailed in your replies as possible.

Thanks in advance...

BillDen

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.