Font used on TechSpot front page

By tuckeratlarge
Aug 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Could someone please tell me what font is used on the Techspot front page. It looks really bad in Chrome and so do a few other sites, like Techradar and was used for twitter for instance. Twitpic uses it as well.

I'm not complaining, I just need to know so I can delete the offending font from Windows 7 so that sites like Techspot will become readable.

The font isn't used in the forums so they are fine. And no, I will not switch to Firefox or IE :)
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

It must have been a bogus Helvetica font residing on your PC. I know it's been a common issue on Windows machines but either way it should be corrected now as I moved Arial back to our default font. Have things improved for you now?

Thanks for your feedback.
  3. tuckeratlarge

tuckeratlarge Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Looks so much better. You didn't have to do that, but it's appreciated. I do indeed have several Helvetica fonts on my machine. I will get rid to see which it is.

Thanks for your reply.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

It's quite possible a minority of users that have some form of Helvetica on Windows were having problems, so why not fix it for all :). On the counterpart, Mac users that have Arial installed, are better served by Helvetica but then again over 80% of our readers use Windows.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,026   +221

For whatever reason, I've see Helvetica get corrupted on both Mac & PCs.
    Delete ALL fonts not installed in the Font Folder :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.