Footnotes in Word 2003 (2 types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

Hey everybody,

I'm currently working on my final dissertation and i need some help on how to ust footnotes in word 2003.

The thing is I know how to make footnotes and endnotes. What I do not know is how to make 2 different kinds of footnotes in the same document.

So one type of those footnotes would be with roman numbers and the other with normal numbers. All along the text there would be both types alternatively without them interfering with each other.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance

C

hum; Word is not too flexible here

if you choose your own 'symbol' you can control it as you please
(just be sure to reset at the end of every page)

HOWEVER, if you have an appendix of footnotes, it will be a mess in that they
will not be consecutively numbered.

Unless you are dealing with a university style requirement, I would opt for
Word defaults.

In fact my dissertation is a translation of a book in which there are footnotes.

So the two types of footnotes I need is my own footnotes (some explanations about words and my sources) and the translation of the footnotes in the book, that should have a different symbol. Of course those footnotes are mixed together in my final text, but they should be separated by this different symbol.

Is there any way to do this in word? If not what programm could format my text this way? though i would prefer to continue my work in word.

there's always the brute-force technique; use superscript to make the inline symbol reference
and then manually add the same symbol and note at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back