for all you nintendo fans!!!! Don't you think nintendo should have more RPG's????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefchu (PoLsKa

I was looking at Nintendo games on cube and found out that most nintendo consoles are deprived of RPG's. Except zelda. While you nintendo fans want to get the WII think about all the RPG's on the PS3, the blu-ray dvd player on the PS3, and PS3 can play PS2 games on it. So are you going to get WII or PS3?

If I had the money, ps3. We already have the games, and we won't be over protected. What really pisses me off about the cube is the lack of online support, and I love to play my friends and family across the country. I should have bought a ps2 a few years ago!

I like Nintendo's adventure games, I'll stick to PCs for RPGs, there's just so much more you can do with an RPG on a PC.

Lack of online support doesn't seem like a feature to be pissed off about, for others it may be a good feature. I would hate to see the day when you can't even PLAY your console without a connection to the Internet. A console should be just that, a console, a stand-alone gaming box that doesn't have to be connected to anything else. But if it can, there's a feature.
Seems to me, boxes like the XBox, for example, you can't even play some games without connecting for patches and fixes. Which is lame if you ask me. I don't want to HAVE to connect my console to the Internet to able to play it, that's just stupid.

In retrospect, I've seen the PS series, and I still enjoy the type of graphics "looks" that Nintendo uses, over the type PS2 uses.
I'll still take the WII myself, if I ever get a mind to buy it, which I doubt I will.

I dunno, Xbox has really cool games plus I like how you can play with people all around the world. WII has a real cool controller but I don't want to buy it and have bad games. Nintendo was always known for not having great games. Plus, the Mario games are geting pretty stupid by now.

Not spoiled, lol, just a single guy trying to make it on a tight budget. Hense, I will probably not be getting one any time soon. Owning a house aint cheap :)

Nevertheless, I like those two series, and I'm sure they would be my first games. But on the PS series, I can't think of any franchise I like.

Nintendo has learned from past mistakes and they are playing their best card now, I will definitely buy the Wii instead of any other console, why? quite simple, 1.- price and 2.- games that no other console will have, Metroid and Zelda and more than enough to made up my mind, even some could say that mario games are becoming kind of silly I still like them, like Nintendo say, it is about fun, not just pretty graphics, besides why spending 499 or 599 on a PS3 just for the Blu-Ray, by then I'm quite sure technology will drop the prices for an affordable player and maybe some of us want to wait for the winner of the format war (HD DVD Vs Blu-Ray) and about the Graphics, well I personally prefer to play on my PC, more details, better configuration, no need of memory cards, all the games I might like for PS2 or Xbox I already have all those for PC, (NFS MW, TR Legend, Fifa) and for Game cube the ones I'm not able to get for PC (Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Resident Evil, Star Fox) RPG's? well I admit there's not a decent RPG for game cube, but then again I'll buy a good RPG for PC, not for PS2 or Xbox. Nintendo is the Best and I think this time they'll take back the lead on the video game industry.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that. Graphics are everything in a game to me, because the storylines are basically all the same. And the gameplay is all about shooting alien gut. How many times have you heard this:? "...This is mankind's last chance of survival...".

ps. The last Starfox game (starfox assault) i played was real dumb and I didnt like it. Zelda is going to be cool I have to admit, the metroid games are getting really hard to beat. Resident evil you can play on any other consoles.

If you want to get a good RPG for PC i recommend the Elder scrolls: Oblivion

In a world so long ago, Nintendo had pretty much the best RPGs under its belt.. Final Fantasy.. Chrono Trigger.. among its other party/multiplayer games... too bad they lost it (for the sequels) when the PS came out, since PS had better tech than their N64 of the time..

But i guess we'll see what they'll think of next - stick to party style games or move back into its origins with RPG.. only time will tell

Although i still cant wait till it gets released here, being able to play good ol' SNES games again :D

It's definitely a personal point of view of every gamer, for me I don't want to spend my time playing a "pretty" game if the gameplay or story sucks, of course graphics are a important part of the game but for me is not everything, even tough I agree with you about storylines been so thrilled but that is what happen with the poor, sad and cheap licences for games that have nothing to offer, and this happens for all the consoles, even PC, have you ever noticed how terrible awful are the games based on a movie (Matrix, Riddick, Davinci Code), with just one or two exceptions all the games I ever played of this kind really sucks. That's why for me, my point of view is that every license of nintendo (and I admit some others too, like Capcom and Konami) have the guarantee the game will give me something new and amazing, not just great graphics, BTW Resident Evil Zero and the remake of the first version are not available for other consoles and those are the Best RE I played so far (haven't played RE4) and like N3051M say, can't wait to have my Wii at home and play again Super Metroid!! ohhh my favorite! and many more that no other console will have, sorry Sony and Microsoft but the retro gaming is a huge advantage over their consoles and a very good reason to stay with Nintendo :) :p

Simply because of their new controller, it will open up a whole new doorway to interresting game play and concepts. I hope it works.

But as mentioned, I want one, sadly, for its backwards compatability with NES and SNES :)
There are just so many cool games I want to play again. And if Nintendo adds a "save" feature, so you can "pause" your game, for all those games that didn't let you save, they will be the BOMB! Imagine, now you won't have to spend an all-nighter beating a NES game because you can't save, or leaving the NES console on all night and day so you don't loose your game!
I surely hope you can save, lol.

As far as graphics goes, and this is probably totally subjective, but I've always prefered Nintendo's style. To me, other consoles were very blocky and triangular and had a weird refresh flicker, such as the PS2. But Nintendo also seems more fluid and more round then triangular. Almost cartoony. And I like those kinds of pretty, colorful, fluid graphics. Over the more rigid and blocky of other systems.
My thinking may be totally wrong, but that is simply how I perceive it.

Not bashing other consoles, just saying that I choose Nintendo, they always have something new to offer, even when the same names are attached to the game titles. Just look how Metroid evolved, and yet it's still popular. And look at all the funky ways they changed Zelda, different controls, styles, looks. And mario, with its side-scrolling to RPG to Paper Mario and so forth. They keeps things exciting. And they make the most radical changes. Risky, but most of the time successfull.

As far as graphics goes, and this is probably totally subjective, but I've always prefered Nintendo's style. To me, other consoles were very blocky and triangular and had a weird refresh flicker, such as the PS2. But Nintendo also seems more fluid and more round then triangular. Almost cartoony. And I like those kinds of pretty, colorful, fluid graphics. Over the more rigid and blocky of other systems.
My thinking may be totally wrong, but that is simply how I perceive it.
Yeh.. have you noticed that they mainly prefer cartoon style games over the 3D "goggle your eyes out"/realistic graphics?

But counter to that statement, their 3D graphics are still quite good, especialy in those games with 3D cartoon games (Zelda, Mario Karts, Mario series, Party style games)

I think Vigilante covered it all.. Nintendo's innovative and easy to use controler styles, games which you can literaly pick it up, run it and play easily (without so much time learning "this button is for that, press these two to get that, U,D,L+R, ABXY-select and you go into GOD MODE :D" etc etc..) and now, which was mostly absent from their console lines (except for the Gameboys) is the backward compatibility/retro gaming function.

Of course, their various flagship/famous characters are fairly well known in nearly the whole gaming community and most of the general public (or at least the kids) to: Megaman, Zelda, Mario Bros. and Co., Pokemon series, Metroid to name a few... so that alone would give them some edge over the next-gen race.. in spite of being the last(?) console to be released..

I'll be getting that Wii, even if it comes up while i'm on holidays in the US... (bringing an extra bag with me just in case, or i might international post it home :D)

The GBA is where nintendo stashes all its RPG's.
I want the Wii so that I can play super smash bros. brawl.

For me, the Metroid prime and the second one was way too hard for me and for my bro (a good gamer). I'm not going against you guys or anything, but the Mario games are getting pretty stupid but Zelda is an exeption. Plus, Nintendo should have more newer games than KEEP making newer games of the older ones, while Xbox makes newer games all the time. plus, it would be a hell of a lot better if Nintendo had something like Xbox live. then it would be a match against me Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back