For red1776: Benchmarks of 4.6Ghz i7 2600K 2x5850 CrossFireX

Arris

Cards at default of 725/1000 at the moment.
Had the XFX BE at 875/1200 before moving it to the new machine, so will be playing around and trying to get them both back up to that sort of level.
3dMark 2006 was giving me "System Info" errors when trying to launch it. It ran previously so will add that bench for you when I get it running again.

3DMark
32230 3DMarks - 2006
7023 3DMarks - 2011
trial expired, can't submit more results - Vantage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StarCraft 2 impressions
Starcraft 2 7 x AI in Free for All multiplayer on Toxic slums 1920x1200 Extreme setting everything at highest settings. No AA or AF specified in card drivers.

160-180 FPS sitting over base with only workers present.
Few more basic units (30+) drops to around 150.
Will update later when I've stuck some AA and AF and had a few battles to get an impression of how much FPS drops.

Set AA to 16x Box
Set AF to 16x
Tessellation to AMD Optimised.
All other settings to highest quality settings
30-35 FPS sitting over base with only workers present. Little bit jumpy scrolling around compared to no AA and AF. On the plus side I can't see all that much of an IQ difference. Seems playable but lacks smoothness.
Mid sized battles drops to 18-20.
Would probably settle for lower AA and see if that is a nice middle ground. Should be 70-80 FPS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AvP D3D11 Benchmark Report
==========================
* Report Created: 2011-01-30 @ 12:04:57
* Executable Build: V1.03, Apr 19 2010
*DX11 Hardware Detected*

Using Default Video Settings:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Texture Quality: 2
Shadow Quality: 3
Anisotropic Filtering: 16
SSAO: ON
Vertical Sync: OFF
DX11 Tessellation: ON
DX11 Advanced Shadows: ON
DX11 MSAA Samples: 1

Benchmark Summary:

Number of frames: 8829
Average Frame Time: 11.9ms
Average FPS: 84.2

Unigine
Heaven Benchmark v2.1
FPS: 51.9
Scores: 1307
Min FPS: 21.7
Max FPS: 128.0

HardwareBinary: Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1500 Release May 21 2010
Operating system: Windows 7 (build 7600) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU flags: 3400MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 SSE42 HTT
GPU model: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 8.820.2.0 CrossFireX 1024Mb

SettingsRender: direct3d11
Mode: 1920x1200 fullscreen
Shaders: high
Textures: high
Filter: trilinear
Anisotropy: 4x
Occlusion: enabled
Refraction: enabled
Volumetric: enabled
Replication: disabled
Tessellation: normal

Stalker Pripyat Benchmark
Stalker_bench_at_4_6Ghz_stock_graphics.PNG

Stalker_text_1.PNG

Stalker_text_2.PNG

Very nice - I'd like to see more game benches in here from that rig Arris - I'm very tempted to move to a 2600K also.

Nice,
Them some good scores :)was just running some benches myself. so are you happy with the investment? Last night night I ordered a 4th Asus EAH DirectCu 5850 to replace the mis-matched Gigabyte 5850 in the 4th slot. That way i can run all 4 @ 1020Mhz core.
You might try re-installing 3DMark 06, it can react to hardware changes when it does a system check and sees a different configuration.
I'm with papa, i would like to see more game benches if you don't mind running them.
Thanks for running those :)

I've got Vantage and 3d Mark 2011.
Post which others you would like.

Dunno which have benchmark options but I the following:
Medal Of Honor
Borderlands
World Of Warcraft
StarCraft2
CoD: Modern Warfare2
Battlefield 2 : Bad Company 2

Thinking about picking up StarCraft2, would be nice to see how your new system handles that. I've run into the sysinfo problem with 3dMark06 & Vantage from time to time, not really sure what causes it.

Thinking about picking up StarCraft2, would be nice to see how your new system handles that. I've run into the sysinfo problem with 3dMark06 & Vantage from time to time, not really sure what causes it.

Have you tried adding "-nosysteminfo" to the end of the shortcut target Mizzou?
This has apparently worked for some with the system check problem.

I'll check benchmarking options for it and see what I can do. With just 1 x 5850 at 1920x1200 I noticed on the new Ultra settings I was getting around 28-30 fps with just my base, mining and a low amount of units on screen. I'm pretty sure it was when I just had one gpu but will post back once I've done SC2 benchmark or some testing. Didn't take note during battles(as you have to hover over the menu button to see a fps popup) but seemed playable to me.

I've got Vantage and 3d Mark 2011.
Post which others you would like.

Those are the two I would like to see, 06 if you get it working.
oh, and this one
http://downloads.guru3d.com/S.T.A.L.K.E.R-Call-of-Pripyat-benchmark-download-2433.html

Gee I'm taking liberties with your computer aren't I ? :)

I'm happy to spend a few minutes here and there running benchmarks if it helps you to decide whether it's worth you doing SLI/Crossfire setups with Sandybridge systems.

I'll also be watching this with interest as well. sounds a nice setup with the second gpu.

I'll also be watching this with interest as well. sounds a nice setup with the second gpu.

Yeah this is cool. I get to compare numbers with my machine and see how much impact the sandy Bridge has on/with the GPU subsystem compared to my whimpering Thuban. :)

If you need me to use particular resolutions or IQ settings just say, just left it them to run as default.

If you need me to use particular resolutions or IQ settings just say, just left it them to run as default.

No, thats just fine, I am setting my bench runs to the ones you are using. Running them with 3 x 5850's right now. i am going to wait until Thursday when the 4th Asus 5850 gets here so I can replace the Gigabyte 5850. I have a sneaking suspicion that its not playing well with the other three.

@Red,

Is it always best to stick to the same manufacturer of GPU then?

I didn't realise they could make such a difference as I thought they used the reference design from AMD/nVidia, and just added there own coolers and maybe overclocked it slightly in some cases.

Do you think its possibly making that much difference?

@Red,

Is it always best to stick to the same manufacturer of GPU then?

I didn't realise they could make such a difference as I thought they used the reference design from AMD/nVidia, and just added there own coolers and maybe overclocked it slightly in some cases.

Do you think its possibly making that much difference?

You can crossfire cards of the same series, and usually with no problems. The problem I am having is that the gigabyte does not have voltage control like the ASUS and I am running the 3x 5850 EAH Direct Cu's at 1020Mhz. You can CF different flavor cards, but its good to run them at the same speeds for load leveling. The memory will run at the speed of the card with the slowest memory by default. i guess I will find out Thursday, but I think it is having a significant impact when running all four cards in CF.

Updated with stalker results, but can't seem to copy paste from the awful HTML results page it generated.
Edit : stuff it, uploaded it as graphics. Sorry for any messiness :)

Few impressions of SC2 added as well.

DID you see the recall on the sandy bridge chipsets?

Yes, thanks Klepto. Red sent me a private message about it too. I've already registered a support mail with Asus requesting information regarding RMA/replacement.

AVP benchmark testing:

4.6Ghz - 5850s @ 875/1200
Benchmark Summary:

Number of frames: 10141
Average Frame Time: 10.3ms
Average FPS: 96.7

4.8Ghz - 5850s @ 875/1200
Benchmark Summary:

Number of frames: 10105
Average Frame Time: 10.4ms
Average FPS: 96.4

Extra 200Mhz of the processor makes no difference, will try under clocking the CPU but looks like the 2 x 5850s are not CPU limited in this benchmark.

Thanks for the info on StarCraft 2 ... good stuff, looks like the eye candy takes a bite. BTW, how is the single player mode?

Also, am curious to see how Asus responds to your RMA ... I primarily use Asus and Gigabyte boards (both good) so customer service could sway me one way or the other on future purchases.

Thanks for the info on StarCraft 2 ... good stuff, looks like the eye candy takes a bite. BTW, how is the single player mode?

Also, am curious to see how Asus responds to your RMA ... I primarily use Asus and Gigabyte boards (both good) so customer service could sway me one way or the other on future purchases.

StarCraft 2 single player was good, excellent cinematic story line. The options to go to locations on your ship and speak to different people reminded me a bit of the old Wing Commander series, well the later ones with Mark Hamill anyway. I had some basic knowledge of the first game and had played it at least once before. I'd say that it would certainly help with the story if you had played the first one but not essential.

Haven't had anything back from Asus online system yet other than "we got your mail". Got a reply from my UK retailer saying they were still looking into what they were going to do. So far I'm not sure what I'm doing with my board. At least its not a dangerous fault or something rendering it unusable.

2 x MSI HD5850 Twin Frozr II @ 900/1200 - 1.235v
Rest of the system the same.

AvP D3D11 Benchmark Report
==========================

* Report Created: 2011-02-16 @ 23:57:32
* Executable Build: V1.03, Apr 19 2010

*DX11 Hardware Detected*

Using Default Video Settings:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Texture Quality: 2
Shadow Quality: 3
Anisotropic Filtering: 16