Forgot the internet connection password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i am using a wireless internet connection. I am having a notebook with windows Vista operating system. The first time I set up my internet connection i saved my username and password. So from then on wards i used to directly connect. Now i am trying to share my connection with my friend. But I dod not remember the password. So can i get the pasword which I am using to connect to internet.
thanks...
Sri

Go back through the setup steps of your original connection setup... You won't find the password, but it may help you remember what it was. The router has a standard password you may have used, such as admin... but if you are talking about a WEP or WIN, you are going to have difficulty unless you recognize it as you look through the setup screens.

You might also try Network Magic... which can be helpful

Without some way to job your memory, it will be difficult... but you went through some very obvious steps that were typical of you... ALLOW them to be recalled, rather than STRESS them to be recalled.

On the other hand, it is really quite easy to create a full reinstall with new password, using something easier to remember, then write it on your leg, and darken it once a week.... or just put it in a place where you will see it now and then such as a word document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back