Forgot to back up my dads plot styles..work stuff etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazazoom

Hmm I don't wanna start a new thread so i'll just ask here.. my pops has a harddrive with Vista and XP partitioned into it..anyway a tech guy from his work took the hard drive off and put in a new one cuz there were complications with their plotter with vista drivers getting in the way.. anywho... the guy forgot to back up my dads plot styles..work stuff etc..etc..
i'm curious its a 300 gb harddrive..could i just hook it up to mine and just grab all the files he needs? like if i attached it to my comp and start it up i should be able to see whats inside the harddrive right?
right now i only have 1 harddive connected to my comp..
p4 2.4 1gig DDR uhh x800 xt 200 gb hd ..hmm hmm hmm :) hope u can help me out!

What you propose should work... but if the files are as valuable as they sound, I would first clone the entire drive to another drive or an external drive using the software that comes with an external drive.
You do not want to mess with your father's drive, but rather work off another drive that has a full copy of the original.
This copying is complicated. Let us know if you have no experience at it.

i don't have an external drive. as of now the hd is just sitting on top of my desk. i haven't had time to try and connect to my own comp.
yeah i'm pretty newbie >_<
pops just wants his plot styles and some of his saved work from the hd then i can do whatever i want with it. i might format it and leave it attached on my comp. it's 300 gigs.
i know there's a sequence..."master" and "slave" when you have two hard drives connected... i've always just had one..so just need to clear up on that.
raybay said it should work..just wanna clear the master slave part. or i can probably google it and look for picture guides.
i know for CD/DVD Drives u gotta connect one master and the other ones to slave
cheers for your help all~
thanks howard for making its own thread!
<3 techspot and its members~ dope forum for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back