TechSpot

Format then it hangs, then format, hang,help!

By kelboinks11
May 3, 2008
  1. i bought my pc 6 months ago..and up to now, i cant use it continously!!

heres my brief story, i have a brand new pc,new installed OS then after how many days, it hanged,,then i went to the shop where i bought it, then told me that it is the cause of OS, then i tried new OS(XP SP2), it works for how many weeks then my windows media player is corrupted (there is a message "dont send" in option)..then i tried to upgrade it and a new version of media player was installed, but still the same..then i told this to my friend and told me my OS might be the problem, then what i did, i reformat again and installed new OS, then after 2 days, system failure happens, then i reformat again, put new OS, i used the OS of my friend which he is using where he never encountered a problem using it, then when i used it after 2 days again, FREEZE!

i dont know what is the problem, the shop keeps telling me its because of OS, my OS is not original,but i used the OS of my friend which is working for him for a very long time, how could this be an OS? and one more thing, i hear a "tuk" sound in my CPU sometimes,is that normal?can someone give me idea what is the problem?could it be the HD 500gb be the culprit???

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Run a HardDrive Drive Diagnostic test

TechSpot cannot provide support to NON legitamit users of Windows OS

You are advised to purchase Windows, and run a clean install.

This thread has been reported to be closed

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.