Formatting Hard Drive

By jjtrev
Oct 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I am trying to format a HP Pavillion laptop but its sticking at 5% . Fed up now waiting Please Help !!!!!
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,267   +215

First, welcome to Techspot.

Second, Please post in the correct forum. There is a guide in my signature covering how to post here, you should read it.

Third, how are you trying to format?
  3. jjtrev

jjtrev Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry!! Trying to format with XP home. New Raw. Got C\$MFT message read on forum best to formatt and re-install
  4. SNGX1275

Are you booting off an XP Home disk? Or a restore disk? Or are you trying to format from within Windows?
  5. jjtrev

XP Home Disc !!

XP Home Disc !!!

XP Home Disc !! never had this problem before STUCK !!
  6. SNGX1275

Settle down dude, normally you aren't going to get responses even close to as fast as I've been responding.

If you are booting with XP Home, on the text installation screens you come to the part where you want to install on the drive. Delete the partitions, recreate, and install.
  7. jjtrev

Taken time out and a coffee ! Deleting partitions ! will recreate and install
    Live Long and Prosper Thanx
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.