Forza Motorsport's PC requirements revealed: an RTX 4080 (16GB) and NVMe SSD are "ideal"

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Worried that your PC setup is looking increasingly obsolete in light of modern games' demands? Forza Motorsport will likely amplify those concerns, thanks to its "ideal" system recommendations of an RTX 4080 and an NVMe SSD.

Xbox and Turn 10 Studios have announced that Forza Motorsport can now be pre-ordered on Steam. Those who pre-purchase the $99.99 Premium Edition can play the racer up to five days before its official October 10 launch date.

The companies also revealed the game's PC requirements. The minimum specs, which are for low settings, aren't too bad, asking for at least an Intel i5-8400/Ryzen 5 1600 combined with a GTX 1060/RX 5500XT and 8GB of RAM. It does ask for 130GB of free SSD space, though.

The recommended specs, for high settings, are definitely on the higher side: the processor requirements jump to an Intel i5-11600K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, while the GPU demands are at least an RTX 2080 Ti or AMD RX 6800 XT. The RAM requirements move to 16GB, too.

For those who want to play on Ultra settings, the "ideal" CPU is at least an Intel i7-11700K or AMD Ryzen 7 5800X. You'll also need at least an RTX 4080 (16GB version) or RX 7900 XT, 16GB RAM, and a NVMe drive with 130GB of free space. There's no mention anywhere of resolutions, just what settings these specs enable.

That's a hefty set of requirements, but then Forza Motorsport is said to be the most technically advanced racing game ever made. Its feature list includes real-time ray tracing, damage that is contextually aware, spectrophotometer-sourced car paints with simulated thickness, fully procedural clouds, and much more. Thankfully, the game will support both Nvidia DLSS 2.0 and AMD FSR 2.0 at launch, as well as DirectStorage.

There will also be shader pre-compilation and pre-caching in Forza Motorsport, which are already part of Forza Horizon 5, along with unlocked framerates and support for ultrawide monitors.

Turn 10 Studios confirmed that the Nürburgring GP circuit will be available in Forza Motorsport at the time of release. The Studio also provided a list of all the racing wheels – 41 on PC, 18 on console – that will be supported.

Permalink to story.

While it is possible to lower settings to make games playable on lesser GPUs, I do feel that PC gaming is becoming increasingly expensive, and general game quality is meh. The focus is generally on good graphics more than anything. Not that it is bad, but a good game is more than just good graphics. And the "amazing graphics" come with a steep cost to hardware requirements.

Back