Found: 30 popular Internet life hacks put to the test

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Life hacks, typically referred to as any unique tip or trick to increase productivity and efficiency in daily life, are a staple of the Internet today. There are literally thousands of life hacks spanning the web but do they actually work?

To help answer that question, Mental Floss recently put 30 of the top Internet life hacks to the test. Can you prevent crying while cutting an onion simply by chewing gum? What about using duct tape to open a jar or toasting two slices of bread in a single slot? You’ll have to watch the video to find out!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Considering all of the chemicals used to create a single Dorito, I'm half surprised those chips didn't burst into flames and eat through the table like a bowl of thermite on a hot day. I'm only half surprised because, in the absence of an explosion or similarly fantastic release of energy, I'd have expected them to burn indefinitely, which is apparently the case.

Besides the fact that he didn't do a few of those thoroughly (like the nail and cork. Should've tried a barbed nail) it was pretty decent...

Back