Four Different BSOD Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie

The past few weeks my computer has been either randomly restarting itself, completing freezing in which case I am forced to shut it down or coming up with the blue screen of death.

There have been four different BSOD messages pop up, sometimes with different codes though. More commonly I've been getting
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000D1 (0xEE1E5D00, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEE1E5000)

Then I received this one last week:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 (0x840FE84D, 0x00000001, 0x804E8F42, 0x00000000)

And just this morning, when I first turned the computer on, after logging on this one came up:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A, 0x000F7F38, 0x00000001, 0x00000000, 0x804E70DD)

So I restarted it, clicked my login name, then when I came back another BSOD popped up:
BAD_POOL_HEADER
STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x81031108,0x81D31190, 0x0A110005)

I ran memtest a week ago but it came up with no errors. This all started happening not long after I had a virus on my computer. Every time I clicked a link on google, it would redirect me to some other website completely unrelated. I managed to find out it was some virus a lot of people were having at the time and followed some of their advice. One of which told me to delete a file called 'wdmaud.sys" which it was apparently attacking. I did so, but then reinstalled a hotfix from microsoft with that in it later on when the problems started as I thought maybe I shouldn't have deleted it.

I've also tried system restore, which didn't work. After a virus scan with AVG, I found that there were two trojan horses in the system restore files, I healed them but haven't tried rolling back the system again because I didn't know whether it would make it worse. I also found a "TrojanNewDot" in SuperAntiSpyware and also two Adware tracking cookies, which I quarantined and removed.

I'm attaching the Hijackthis log... someone told me there were infection remains from looking at this, but I don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me which to select and then 'fix checked'? And also, could this possibly be what is causing my problems?

I don't have the actual Windows XP disc, but I do have an NEC Windows recovery disk... would reinstalling Windows fix the problem? If anyone has any suggestions to help fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for typing so much, I wasn't sure how much information to give. I don't know what computer specs you need.... I'm running Windows XP (Home edition), about 40 GB harddrive and 256MB RAM. If you need anything else, I am more than happy to provide what I can.

Thanks!

brodie, since these BSODs occured after a virus my suggestion is to go to this forum here at TechSpot: https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html At the top please note stickies 2 and 3 by Julio and read them thoroughly and then follow the 8 Steps. Post your results there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back