FPS Drastic Drop when inactive

By akassem
May 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. So I have a really weird problem, my laptop is an acer, I7 intel core, Gtx760 and 8 GB RAM. every game that I play works great and everything but when I have a game on or even watching a youtube video and just leave the laptop inactive without pressing any button or moving my mouse, the FPS drops drastically. the sound is normal but if I'm watching a video on youtube it gets really slow or when I'm playing any kind of game and just leave the laptop inactive for a few minutes it get's really slow; but once I press any button or just move the mouse pointer it jumps back to normal. normally this isn't much of a problem but now I can't watch youtube videos without moving the mouse pointer all the time, nor can I play games with my Controller since FPS still drop a lot as if I'm inactive. what's weird is this never happens when I'm watching movies on VLC. please someone help
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,446   +619

Do you have power plan set to High Performance?
    hopgop1 likes this.
  3. akassem

akassem Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yea I have but it's okay now I figured it was somekind of bug so I refreshed my hard disk using windows recovery and it's fine now. Thanks for replying though

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.