FPS Drop from CSS?

By iMaiLTiMe
Aug 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well two nights ago, a friend and I decided to play a bunny hop server. I didn't know how to bunny hop so He showed me and I started learning. He goes to find another server and he does we both join and I go from 100-200 fps to a low 10-60. Is there a way to fix this I mean nothing has really changed since then. It just happened spontaneously.

My computers specs are

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.800 GHz
    Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS

I really don't know what else to put there. If there is anything else you want me to post. I'll be happy to help out. I just want to know why my FPS went from great to so bad.

Also I'm not sure if it matters but, I would get 60-70 on World of Warcraft and now I get 20-40 and in Dalaran 1-16. Just adding that in there.
  2. mancream

mancream Newcomer, in training

Without overclocking type this

Fps_max 9999

Just to let you know, its the maps that lower your fps.

In CS 1.6

Fps_max 9999 or "Fps_max 130" for surfing
    Developer 1
  3. iMaiLTiMe

iMaiLTiMe Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I've done that but my fps is still low and crappy on both games. Is there a way to make it go back up not just in counter strike but in WoW because ever since then its been low.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.