Fps issue cs 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been having a lag/fps issue for the last couple weeks, only has been recent...first off with the lag i just kept getting timed out from the server....so i opened up my computer...which is 6 months old...and cleaned out the fan of the onboard graphics card which was a nvidia geforce 6100...and it was filthy....i got that cleaned and reconnected everything and started cs...i wasnt lagging out anymore but i noticed my FPS was averaging between 15-30 constantly which was causing glitchyness and i couldnt play.

thinking i fried my video card i went and bought an NVidia Geforce 8500 GT with 512 ram on it and thought id be ok with it....i connected it and installed all the newest drivers for it from the NVidia site...but im still averaging between 15-30 FPS ingame...i turned off the VSync and still nothing...ive changed rates...changed options...and done everything i could think of and nothing is working...however if i play with my resolution at 800 by 600 i get an average of 25-35 but still hard to play with that...i can move and shoot semi ok but if i jump i glitch bad....anyone got any ideas?? PLEASE HELP ME!!@!#@!#$ lol

btw my comp has a great internet connection, with an anthlon 64 processor 3800+, a gig of ram, 250 gig hard drive, and it has the 6100 chipset. as well as running vista home premium

thanks

yeah all of my rates are what they need to be at....and wouldnt deleting your cstrike folder delete all your maps and stuff and all your configs and everything? sorry im a little illiterate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back