FPS Issue in CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been looking everywhere and have no found an answer that helps with my problem. I have been getting low fps with nothing higher that 45. About a month ago, I would get an average of 150 fps.

Dell Inspiron E1705
Intel Core 2 CPU
T7200 @ 2.00 GHz
998 MHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900

I have cable internet, which pings fine. I have the newest drivers for my gfx card and have ran numerous virus scans. I have also disabled all background processes so nothing is eating my CPU. I've called Dell and they have ran diagnostic tests and everything came back fine. Additionally, every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, my frames will be back to normal.

Help?

What about temperatures?

Have you checked to make sure the case is clean of dust, etc?

Download speedfan and check your temps.

It's a laptop. So I know it's prone to overheating, but i was hoping that wasn't the issue. I do have a fan under it, but it averages around 70-72 degrees Far.

Yeah i had the same problem with my laptop. I couldn't figure out anything until I put my laptop on a floor air conditioning vent and i saw a rise in 40-60 fps almost immediately. I wouldnt recommend leaving it on an ac vent due to condensation but definitely look into proping up the back of your laptop about 1-2 inches and running any table tob fan under it on high. I know you said you have a fan under it already. What is that fan? is it a laptop specific cooling fan? Are you proping it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back