FPS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbang

ive got a problem with my laptop. it seems my fps is very low when i play games. ive already updated my drivers and everything else that needs to be updated. im experiencing around 10-20 fps on games and it doesnt matter what i play it still lags. even on the lowest possible setting. i run defrag and virus scans every week and i dont think that seems to be the issue.

here are my system specs:-
acer aspire 4920
core 2 t7300 2.0ghz
2gb ram
ati x2500 mobility
160gb hd

it started to happen to me after i reformatted my laptop. it used to do around 40fps but now its just slow. im pretty sure ive updated my drivers and what not. anyone know what seems to be the problem. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Just checking but if you haven't solved your problem yet, have you checked the Device Manager to see if any devices have any yellow symbols next to it? I know you said you updated your drivers but could you confirm through the Device Manager?

Your vga isnt that powerful at all. Have you tried reverting to an older driver? The one you may have been using before the reformat.

ive done the steps in "https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66073.html" and no success. im not sure about the power supply because im running on a laptop. reverting back to old drivers (which was drivers before sp1) made it worse. i know my vga aint that powerful but running the lowest settings still gave me 20 fps average and i know before ive ran it on med settings and still got 50 fps

Hi bigbang

Have you noticed the temperature on your video card whilst running a game? Maybe it's sluggish because it's overheating ... just a thought.

Spyder_1386 :)

Hey Spyder_1386. nope heat wasn't the problem. even out of a game it still lags sometimes. like when video streaming i would get spikes every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back