FPS problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I was playing Counter Strike this morning, and I noticed that my FPS wasn't doing as good as it usually does. A while ago, I ran Counter Strike at 60 FPS constant. One day I heard that my FPS could jump up to 100 if I turn vsync off, so I did. My FPS jumped up to 100 fps, and for a few weeks it was fine. Then one day my FPS is in the 90s in dark, small rooms. Then when I shoot, go into large areas with people, etc. my fps goes down to the 40s. I'm not sure what the problem is. Is my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS) not working as good as it used to? The laptop I'm using was bought as a christmas present in 2007, which is less than a year ago. If anyone could help me out, I would gladly appreciate it.

if you read the whole thing, you'll see that I used to be able to run Counter Strike constantly with 60 FPS. After turning off vsync for a while (in which time I was in the 99-100 fps range) my fps randomly ranged from 40-60 FPS one day, and I'm trying to figure out the problem.

Maybe that's possible. This laptop is basically on for more than 10 hours everyday. But I don't know if that would lead to the fps dropping from one day, to the next. Should I just blow all the dust out? <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back