FPS

Loving Bleach

Hi guys. I can't play in Dota 2 because in the game my computer has only 19 FPS. (Low video settings). How I can solve this problem?

:'(

Last edited by a moderator:
Start with a good cleaning...then removing old files and games you never play anymore.. then a defrag... then refresh drivers.
Check YouTube for instruction.
Get some monitoring utilities like Speccy and try to identify anything which is out of spec (high temp, low volts, etc).
Tell us how it goes... if still a problem, describe system and any events which might impact performance.
Also, explore results of google search "optimize computer".

Hi guys. I can't play in Dota 2 because in the game my computer has only 19 FPS. (Low video settings). How I can solve this problem?

:'(

That depends on the cause of it being slow. It could be a software issue, overheating or hardware that's too slow.

Can you provide some details of your computer, particularly the specific model of your graphics chip?

That is probably the real issue. Your graphics card is more than 10 years old and probably your motherboard is too. It seems that you should be looking into more recent and more powerful equipment in order to increase your FPS.

Recently, I acquired a Dell T3500 from eBay. While 5 years old, it was a strong machine which was originally priced at around $2,000. - and I bought it for less than $100. NewEgg and Amazon have lots of alternatives for you.

Start with defining what you want to do with your computer - what software you want to be able to run - and then learn about the systems which will accomplish that. I find www.game-debate.com a very good source for ideas.

I'm live in Ukraine. I have AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHz, 1Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and

I'm live in Ukraine. I have AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHz, 1Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and
seems cut off short...
what is OS?
what is motherboard?
does motherboard support more memory?
what expansion slots does motherboard have?

I understand, but have no other answer - the FX5200 is probably doing all it can....[ ]....
To further emphasize your point, here is the Passmark evaluation of that FX 5200:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+FX+5200

Take particular note the Intel's "HD 4600".(Ivy Bridge IGP), in the "G3D" mark, scores 703, while the FX-5200 scores 7

The card is a contemporary of Win 2K, with XP being it's latest compatibility...

BTW, it's also PCI....NOT.....PCI-E
https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Geforce-FX5200-256MB-Graphics/dp/B000F5IE9Y

The board you linked does have a PCI-E 2.0 x 16 slot. So...pretty much anything you could get a hold of today, even the lowly GT-710 would draw circles around it. (Do you like how I worked the geeky graphics lingo into that tired cliche *nerd* )?

Last edited:
Ok, thank you guys for helping (y) Anyway I still play on my PC and will try so hard get more cash for upgrading my computer. Have a nice day. :)

Back