framerate issues with any combination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an asus a7v600 mb with athlon 1800+. radeon x800 videoc diamond 7.1 soundc about 40 sec into playing a song sound distorts then plays normal for 40 sec. when I play games such as wow framerate is between 9-25fps. updated drivers for sound, video, chipset, even bios to 1008. Still the same change soundc to blaster audigy se still same. changed videoc to geforce 6600 all with the drivers still the same. removed the sound card fps has returned to normal 65-80 fps in wow. If I enable the on board sound still have the same issues. music can be played either from hard drive or cd any song distorts the same. running windows xp
any ideas would be appreciated.

It looks like your motherboard chipset and your soundcard conflict. I doubt there is a work around but while you are searching for one, I'd use the built in sound.

the onboard sound has the same issues with distortion and frame rate. i will be trying a usb sb live sound through home theater if there is still issues would i be correct in looking at replacing the main board.

Sorry. I should really slow down when I read things. Have you scanned for malware today? Your motherboard is probably fine just a bit long in the tooth.

just scanned for malware with 3 different programs got nothing but the standard cookie sheet. I did go pickup a usb sound card and still affects frame rate and has same playback issue from any source (cd, harddrive or streaming ect.). any ideas?? im stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back