TechSpot

Free alternative to Cucusoft Converter and Burner?

By Psych1012
Jan 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, all! I recently used the trial version of Cucusoft Converter and Burner and I love it! It worked easily and right. However, there was a watermark on the trial. I have tried some other programs and I'm not finding one for free that works like Cucusoft. Do any of you know of a free program I could try?

Thanks in advance!

2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

If you use Linux I highly recommend DVD Styler. I use it to encode all my .avi files to play in the DVD player, and it works fantastic.

3. Psych1012

Psych1012 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Thank you very much! They had a windows version and it worked like a charm! You just saved me $60! Many many thanks!

4. Leeky

I never even knew they had a Windows version! Major bonus! :)

5. Psych1012

I think this is even better than Cucusoft because it let's me create a menu, title, chapters. Very cool ;)

6. Leeky

Yeah I quite like it, its the best solution I've found for Windows or Linux (as I use both), and an absolute kill for free - I really had no idea it was offered for Windows as well though, I genuinely thought it was Linux only.

My wacky title screens usually stir up a nice conversation if family watch home videos, or recordings. :haha:

7. Psych1012

I wasn't sure it would work because it is 32 bit and I'm running 64 but worked like a champ!