TechSpot

Free apps to prevent installation

By TS-56336
Jan 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

Is there any other free apps around that can prevent users from installing all kinds of software, pretty much like Deep Freeze. See I'm running a small internet cafe business, and I hate it when people install all kinds of third-party apps (e.g Yontoo). Kids are regulars here in my cafe and some have no idea what they're doing with the system.

I don't want to use Deep Freeze. I want something simple to use and with much flexibility.

Thanks.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,450   +324

What version of Windows? Win/7 takes care of this by forcing use of the admin/password & the UAC feature.

drensmith likes this.
  3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 582   +99

Windows 8, though the UAC was left disabled by me. The restrictions that I want to make is for the customer's user accounts. I don't want to use the family safety features of Windows 8 because there are so many pop-ups that show on the desktop whenever a customer starts any app, it's so annoying.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.