TechSpot

Free Norton Corporate Edition (legal)

By Tedster
Jan 6, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. folks- if you deal with US government computers in any way, shape, or form, you are entitled to use norton corporate antivirus and/or firewall FREE. The US government makes it available free for federal employees under a government license. So if you log on government computers from home, take work home, or internet to government sites, you can use the software free under this license. (Of course US taxpayers foot the bill!)

Military members can download copies from their respective service accounts.

:)

They also have a license with Trend Micro, McAffee and Computer Associates anti-spyware

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Regardless if free or not, it is still the same old Symantec rubbish-bloatware!
    Stop pushing that junk!

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Topic Starter Posts: 10,074   +13

actually the corporate edition doesn't have any bloatware at all.... very minimal resource use. It is totally different from the home versions.

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

lets not start a Anti virious flame war here :hotbounce :hotouch:

i think Tedster was just lessting Govenment people know they can get norton corprite free is all :grinthumb

5. Bender99

Bender99 TS Rookie Posts: 24

Why do the Corp users get a better product? I've paid for mine as well.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.