TechSpot

Free spam filter for MS Outlook 2007

By complexxL9
Jul 15, 2009
  1. I am looking for free antispam for outlook.
    Please suggest something if you heard of it or tried it yourself.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

if you use thunderbird, (free) it has a built in spam filter that is also smart. You train it.

3. complexxL9

complexxL9 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 35

Client chooses what to use, and he uses MS Outlook. I just need to find spam filter for it.

4. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Spamihilator

Probably the best is the freeware Spamihilator
    http://www.spamihilator.com/

Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Spam mails (Junk) are filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.

It has a Learning Filter that can be trained so that the recognition rate will continuously increase.

In addition, Spamihilator uses a Word-Filter that searches messages for known keywords. User-defined words and regular expression can be added.

The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc…

5. complexxL9

complexxL9 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 35

Thank you. I'll try Spamihilator and compare it to the suggestions I got from other forum: "SpamSource" and "Cactus Spam Filter"

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.