Free up RAM when playing games, use this program

Status
Not open for further replies.

syde

"Game Booster"

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

(its free of course and a small d/l)

When I use it I free about usually around 400-500 RAM. Amazing and easy to use, just click "Turn on Game Mode" and watch it turn off any program you dont need in order to play games, amazing program!

enjoy!

400 to 500 what? There's no way that could be megabytes, and 400-500 kilobytes won't help games any. As long as you have 2 gigabytes of ram or more in either vista or xp, increasing the available amount of ram won't really help games.

Moiz,
It says that it will work with any system that has an amd cpu, its does not require a series 7 chipset,unlike AMD Overdrive. but right you are Moiz my post should have this disclaimer......
****requires an AMD cpu*** it is quite good. cuts running processes in half (typically, and depending how clean you keep your machine) it overclocks, and engages HDD acceleration...(i have no idea what that is :) lol) and you can setup your own custom profile. The only quirk is that when you shut it down, it returns a few more processes than it shut down, a restart takes care of that. all in all it seems to yield about an 8-12% performance increase in games...... so do i get to buy stock in your silicon rich backyard or not!? :) lol

Its nothing new, i used fusion for a while.

and yes that megabytes, it turns off processes you dont need to run your games.

simple really, but i no longer need something like this in 7, seeing as how i only see 800-900mb of my 4gb used during idle and web browsing etc.

even on my most intensive games i never see over 2.7gb of RAM usage.

Hi Junkie, how are ya?
wow, i use fusion as well, but it shuts down things that have potential cpu resources, i dont get anywhere near that in MB's back, but i have 8mb so it hasn't been a concern, what mode do you use? funny you mention that about 7, using fusion yields about the same result as the change in gaming from Vista to 7.

Yes thats MB and it usually frees up around 400 MB.

^ This being said someone said this is a big deal that it's able to free up that much space.

eh?

Hmm, I'll have to try this. You're running vista, right? XP rarely uses 400 mb of ram, but vista idles around 700 mb.

huh Has anyone tried this Im not sure if it actually works,
reply to me telling me if its good or not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back