Free Web hosting

top_model_guy

So my friend has a forum that isn't getting very many hits (is dying) and I think it is due to his site's url address (it's some long, senseless gibberish without a real hint of the site name). I was wondering if any of you know of any free forum web-hosting sites that allow you to choose your url completely. Thanks for any direction.

Why would you want to use something from somebody willing to do that for free? What kind of risk are you willing to handle?

I own a hosting company, but we can't offer free domain names or we would lose a ton of money ^__^

Our subdomains are xxxx.darksand.net

While googling, I found some free one that seemed descent, it was domainname.co.nr, but my picky friend:mad: was like what is a co.nr. I don't know, I remember when I wanted to host a song online, it was rather easy for me to get a domain name, but then again that was just a page and not an entire forum. I'm still open to answers.

The adjectives 'free' and 'picky' do not usually work together. Your friend needs to decide if he simply wants to cut costs (go with 'free' as the main adjective) or actually wants to make something of the forum (go with 'picky' at that point.) But you may not want to waste time trying for both options in the meantime.

why don't you just something like domain hosting? you'll keep the website but you can change the name of it, there are a few good ones tha are free: (google em)
.tk (downfall is adds placed at the top of page)
.co.nr (no real downfalls)
you can always google it

really, who do you think would give completely free .com and .net hosting? No one.

Give me the forum url.. I'd like to check it out. :)

Back