TechSpot

freeware requied: PDF to PPT converter!

By tinku
Feb 16, 2006
  1. Is there a freeware out there that does this for me? I've found a coupla products, but they want me to buy it!! I have a 550-page document that I have to go through for a test. It'd be great if I could convert it in to ppt (as I want to use those particular slides later on). There's no other shortcut as of now. So, if someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be great!!

Thanks!! :D :D

2. Ronnietkh

Ronnietkh TS Rookie

Hi

Try this site: http://tinyurl.com/8j2hr

Ronnie

3. mickle

mickle TS Rookie

Sheeee I don't want to bother Please pass me

I couldn't understand what I doing

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

How does that have anything to do with his problem? He is not ripping a cd.

I don't know of any tool to convert pdf to ppt. I had to do this recently at work, fortunately it was only 25 pages. But what I ended up doing was opening the pdf in Preview (OS X) and saving each page as jpg and then pasting that into a powerpoint slide.

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Well, I guess this isn't for OS X Tiger, but anyway (for SNGX and other Mac users):

For long PDF files you could create an Automator task: Render PDF Pages as Images -> Rename Finder Items (make sequential filenames).

Then you could create a macro for PowerPoint to insert images as slides.

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.