Freeze before boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i'll make this simple
1. I start the computer.
2. It does the memory check
3. it freeze right after that
4. keyboard doesn't respond
5. if i push keyboard before or during memory check its calls keyboard error and freeze, always after memory check.
6. I change the hard drive. does nothing after memory check.
7. I change memory (SDRAM). does nothing after memory check.
8. I remove Cmos battery for 24hrs and put in a new battery. didn't change a thing.
9. Cleared CMOS with the pin thing. did nothing for the computer.
10. Can't enter CMOS cause freeze before i get a chance.
11. USB keyboard. see number 5
12. Forget floppy or CD since it freeze before that and you know after memory check usally computers check hard drives, floppy and cd-rom for their name then start booting up in their repected order but mine doesn't even get to that thats y i change cd-rom, hard drive and floppy but nothing change.

Specs
Processor: pentium 2 266MHz
Motherboard: intel
Memory: 256mb
Cooling: a fan
Videocard: ati agp 2mb
Soundcard/Speakers: Opti
Hard Disk: 3.4 gig
CD-rom: 48x cd-rom
Case tower/desktop

so i'm out of ideas can you please help me. :confused:

no beeps nothing.
I forgot to mention that there are no sounds and the light that shows when the computer is using the CPU is always ON

How long have you had this system? Also, have you just started using the USB keyboard? If so, can you connect a normal keyboard to see if you get the same results?

i think the base model 6 years but change some parts over time and normal keyboard or USB nothing change
most recently the memory but the memory is ok cause i can place other same type memory in the slot and he aknowkledge the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back