Freeze - got one minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigawire

Only today my computer started acting strangely.

I only got 1 minidump.. most of the time it just freezes, and cant even write a minidump!

I got some problems with my computer freezing (no bluescreen) and then I have to reboot manually.

Here's the minidump.
http://omnicogni.com/dump/Mini082306-01.dmp

Next I started up, and I got this message that explorer.exe crashed with a serious error.

Event Viewer says:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 8054d5f0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

Do you have any ideas?
This only happened recently..

I can tell you what hardware-related things I've been doing lately.

1)Instead of idling my computer, I leave my computer running very CPU-intensive operations decoding proteins for the fight against Cancer and AIDS. World Community Grid. But the temperature never goes above 55 celsius.

2)I've never had a grounded power outlet here, and one day there was thunderstorms, turned power in the entire city off and on. And my UPS started acting weird after that. Giving me insane voltage readings. I thought it was the lack of grounding that led to the UPS doing this.. Today I had an electrician install a grounded power outlet. The UPS still reads voltages around 20`000 and 50 million..

3)I installed a Track-IR (infrared headtracking for flightsims) yesterday, USB connected.

This freezing-problem only really started today..
So I wonder if it's related to the power in any way.
What headway can you make out of it?

I suspect the UPS, and I have now disconnected it.. running my computer directly from the Grounded wall.

Running SpeedFan now.. and it says on voltages:

Vcore = 1.35V
+12V = 12.65V
+3.3V = 3.20V
5Vsb = 5.09V
Vcc = 5.04V
Vin2 = 0.00V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back