TechSpot

Freeze + soundloop/motherboard beep plz help

By Ranter
Jan 15, 2010
  1. Plz help

A month ago i reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled drivers and everything was going great until i tried to play a game. My computer froze and there was a sound loop. I tried to watch a movie and the same thing happened. I sometimes get a motherboard beep instead of a sound loop, but sound loop is a lot more common.

installed latest video drivers
    installed all windows updates

Ran memtest for 5 hours. No errors
    Ran prime 95 and no errors
    Ran hard drive diagnostic tool: only did a quick scan for now but no errors.

I ran ATI tool to test my vid card, but i have invidia, a friend told me that it doesn't matter.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)

System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
    System Model: TP43D2-A7
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Page File: 391MB used, 4564MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Tell me what else you need in terms of information, i know the computer has its weaknesses especially in the video card department, but it worked well for over a year. Also it cant be a cooling problem. I have attached a huge fan to the side of my computer almost as soon as i got it. Running prime95 never got my CPU over 65C

I consider my self a rookie so plz no advanced jargon and good explanations

Thanks in advance

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

3. Ranter

Ranter TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the reply

No that is not it. I installed that, i do have a newer version than the one you posted. The one i have isn't some glitchy beta is it?

4. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

im not sure what you have, while i ponder this problem of your someone else might be able to help you out. to me it sounds like the video card driver aren't working right with XP, try these
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_186.18_whql.html

they are dated but might work for you

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.