Freeze up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, got a bit of problem with my windows, or not entirely sure if it's that but best thing to do is blame windows. When I run a program (usually games, different ones) occasionally my computer freezes up. Sometimes I can still ctrlaltdelete and then see the task manager behind the application with the mouse but cant do anything other then press a restart, other times it just gives a black screen and I have to restart.

Looked in the even viewer and I get this error

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
FGXSCSI"

any idea on if this can cause it or not would be great. Note that I have recently (2 months no more then that) reformatted and cleaned the inside of the pc out, so it cant be overheating or anything.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

"FarStone VirtualDrive" Do you have this program installed on your system? You might benefit by doing a disk check on bootup and see if it detects any errors. What Operating System are you running? Is it fully updated using Windows Update?

No I don't have "FarStone VirtualDrive" installed. The OS is Windows XP Home SP 3, and I haven't updated recently, I'll do that and let you know if it helped anything. And how do I do a disk check?

Thanks in advance.

Ran a disk check at bootup and it said one or more errors have been detected, tried running a repair and after getting to 72% it droped back down to 60%. It did this a few times and then it stuck at 64% and stayed there for about 45 min.

You have a hard drive problem. Back up important data and you might have to replace the hard drive

The hard drive may be able to work again by formatting, but this will destroy all data on the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back