Freeze while gaming/streaming

FREEZINGisFUN

PSU: Coolmax 700w
Processor: Pentium D 3.6 2x (model number SL9AP)
Motherboard: Biostar TP45E Combo
VGA: GTX 460 SE
HD: WesDig CaviarGreen 1.5tb
RAM: 4g ddr3 corsair

Since the problem has occured i've replaced the motherboard, ram, and video card.

The SL9AP processor says it matches any 775 socket. But biostars tp54e motherboard doesnt list SL9AP as supported- would the computer be able to even powerup if this was an issue?

my computer displays processor #1 at 3.6 and processor #2 at
3.62 in my computer properties

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7m7qdycsgb1yc7 <----minidump

just reformatted and stayed with xp pro 64, stilllllllll crashing

First, go back to Windows 7 64. This is most likely not an OS issue at all and 7 is a really good OS. Do your issues occur at any other time besides gaming/streaming?

Best guess at this point: Either the freezing is due to heating or video card drivers.

Please attach your minidump in your next post using the provided Manage Attachments button. If you only have one or two just attach as is. If you have more go ahead and use the provided Zip utility for 3 to 5 files.

not sure what manage attachments is

couple more things; my computer displays processor #1 at 3.6 and processor #2 at

device manager shows 4 "audio device on high definition audio bus" in sound
these are all replaced by nvidias video drivers "nvidia high def audio", if i uninstall them they automatically come back, though disabling works. I only mention this because i remember reading of a guy having the same issue is me, then he disabled his ati drivers and no longer had the problem... Why does it have to install 4 drivers for a device that already has drivers. Do i need to install 3d drivers/physx?

Well you certainly have been updating correctly. For your Nvidia card I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

driver sweeper will install and everything but i cant run it.. im not in windows 7 yetif its only compatible with that

but what i tried doing is uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and installing them in safe mode- still crashed but i was on for alot longer than usual. this time i custom installed without the hd audio option, and have the 4 lines of "audio device on high definition audio bus" disabled. any idea what piece of hardware usual behaves this way?

Something is off. Is 9-9-9-24 timings the manufacture's specs? What does the BIOS show the memory voltage at being set and when compared to design specs of the RAM do they match?

If you can, please link us to both motherboard and RAM.

Memory lists, though certainly important, are not exhaustive. As per your link, in order for your board to run memory at 1333 it needs to overclocked.

Also, the timings will need to be set manually in the BIOS to the RAM specs.

so the 6-6-6-15 instead of 9-9-9-24 is NOTbecause the bus speed isnt up to speed? just want to make sure because ive had this problem for a few months now and i think i may have tried doing that along the line but it wouldnt let me

So for clarification, the motherboard sets the memory voltage correctly but not the timings, correct?

I think it is time to contact Biostar tech support especially on the timings issue. Tell them your perpetual issues, the memory you have installed, and especially the timing issue. Ask them the correct way to set your 1333 RAM.

Please keep us updated.

i was just curious about the timings- a friend told me that if the processors fsb is 800, which mine is, the ram will only run at 800, and i think 9-9-9-24 is what the timings would be if i had a 1366 fsb processor, im just assuming that its 6-6-6-15 because of the fsb? can anyone confirm this?

also when i tried to manually change the timings my cpu wouldnt start

Back