Freezes on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraphina

Hi

Just purchased a new pc, and ex display model which was a good deal.

Unfortunately, whenever I boot it up I'm experiencing freezes.

It either hangs up on the initial windows vista screen (the blue/green one with the light blue circulating progress ring symbol), or shortly after the desktop appears.

If I turn it off at the power supply, then choose "start windows normally" on the machine was shut down improperly screen then the machine continues to boot up normally with no further issues.

Basically I have to turn it on, wait for it to freeze, turn it off then reboot to get it to work.

Did have some problems with the mouse that was supplied, but then returned to an older mouse. It's drivers seem to be up to date though. When I tried to use the new mouse again today, however, the machine was far less stable, freezing a number of times during normal useage.

It's Windows Vista Home Premium edition running on a Intel Core duo 2.20ghz with 2047mb RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to supply.

Since the computer is likely still under warranty, I woudl not mess with it. Let the seller work with you to fix it... else you may void the warranty.

If you don't want to go through the sometimes tedious process of dealing with the PC store, i'd say trying a reload of the OS is probably a good way. Hopefully you haven't had the PC long enough to get alot of stuff onto it, and if not, check the media that came with the PC, usually you'll get some form of CD or DVD to reload with.

If a reload doesnt fix it, it pretty much narrows it down to a hardware problem, which is as raybay said above; the dealers problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back