Freezing, BSODs and sudden PC restarts

monrayl

Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with my pc lately. At the most random times my pc would freeze up and I would have to restart it. Other times it would restart all on its own or the BSOD would appear and I would end up restarting my pc. I cleaned my pc hoping that it would improve the situation, but that didn't help.

do u have maleware bytes on ur pc if so uninstall it and see if tht helps as I found when I had maleware bytes install sometimes it would freeze as for restarts it could br corrupt driver etc but ill leave tht to the experts sure one of them will help soon

Post your mini dumps and your Computer specs. Plus if you have added any new software or hardware. This will helpsomeone better understand .Whats going on with your computer.

Here are my pc specs:

J&W Motherboard
Intel 256mb Graphics
2.60ghz intel dual core processor
1gb of ram
230gb hdd
Windows xp SP2

I haven't installed any hardware recently and the only software I installed before I started experiencing these problems was YTD youtube video downloader. My PC started giving me problems about a month after I installed it. Btw, how do I post minidumps?

Why haven't you applied XP Service Pack 3 yet? You are missing some 200+ critical and optional Windows Updates

I am actually considering upgrading to SP3. I just downloaded the setup file. I'm fearing that the problem may not be software related, but that my hdd is starting to pack up :(. this is the first time in 3 days that I am able to access this website without my pc restarting. I may just have to visit my local pc repair shop to have a diagnostic done, so that I can sort this problem out once and for all.

tmagic is always right lol. I would go with his advice also I havent read previous all but have u done maleware bytes scan virus scan etcit sounds to be like a driver problem but do all scans and update to sp3 and I think it could be fine why spend money in a shop before you have done all you can

The computer may be quite old now... Have you opened it up and checked for dust and made sure the fans are clean and running properly?

My pc is 2 years old, and yes I've cleaned out the dust hoping that it would solve the problem, but it didn't. The fans seem to be working properly.

Back