Frequent BSOD err. 0x0000005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

About a month ago I bought this Dell XPS 630 system.Asked the tech guys for to switch the ATI video card with 2 GeForce 9800GT. I installed Vista Ultimate x64 on it and soon after started having problems. First a lot of CRC Errors when extracting archives or installing software(noticed this mostly on large files). A lot of game crashes, some probably due to the crc errors at install. After thying to solve the problem myself after a week I took it back to tech guys as I suspected faulty RAM.

They tryed installing a fresh Vista and instantly got c000005 error during instalation. So they decided that the RAID controller must be faulty(they tryed installing with other RAM and other HDD, same error). They replaced the Motherboard but kept all my other original hardware. With new motherboard installation worked, so I took the desktop home, to continue installing drivers.

Worken for a few days ok with Vista Ultimate x64 but most games kept kicking me out after a few minutes of gameplay, and many of them while running had strange sound errors, like sudden loud noises.

Decided to switch to Vista Ultimate x32 as a friend had suggested, so did that. System worked better, longer play time but still some games kicked me out and had sound errors. Also 3d rendering application crashed while rendering. Most error codes were c000005.

Last days have been hell. Comp started crashing BSOD error code 0x0000005 while working in adobe photoshop. At first I suspected a viru so downloaded a trial nod32. BSOD while scanning. Read forums, tryed sfc /scannow BSOD while scanning. Tryed a regclean software BSOD. Uninstalled nod32 in safe mode, went to last known good configuration. sfc /scannow worked, no errors found, sil the system BSOD later while browsing through forums. BSOD seem random now.

BSOD message is always page file non paged area with the 0x0000005 error code, and the windows message on startup points to error 1033.

WinDbg points to the ntkrpamp.exe, here is the last dump analysis:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.10.0003.233 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---------
This got this BSOD while running Verifier on custom settings: Special pool, Pool tracker, Forced IRQL Checking

Realy hope someone can help me with this as I have no idea what to do next..

ps. ran MemTest about 15 passes, no RAM errors.
tryed to switch to onboard soundcard, no difference, even same sound errors in the games.

I can provide any additional info you require.

Thank you.

Update:

Most recent BSOD, 5 minutes ago, while installing software:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.10.0003.233 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Update:

Also had one BSOD in Safe Mode pointing to explorer.exe, I'm looking for that dmp file now.

Attached last 8 minidump files.

Also, divers are all updated, mostly from dell website, except for chipset and video, downloaded from nvidia website, latest release.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    174.8 KB · Views: 7
One of your Text errors as well as minidumps are 0xA and this error is a strong indication of hardware issues though it can be caused by a driver attempting to access an IRQ Level it has no business doing so.

Your other Text and minidump errors are all 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

In all the core Windows driver ntkrpamp.exe was cited except once and that was another core Windows driver fileinfo.sys.

The thing is they are too general tobe of much help. So try these standard diagmostic steps:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and burn to a CD the latest ISO version of this test. The minimum is 7 Passes and this takes a long time.

2. Go to your harddrive manufacturer's website and down load their utility to diagnose your harddrive.

3. Run ChkDsk.

4. What antivirus, firewall, etc. are you running? Have you changed any of these up from a a previous brand? If so, what were your former security software(s)?

Thank you for looking into this.

To answer your questions:

1. Already ran memtest, about 15 Passes

2. Just crashed trying to run Dell Support center, manufacturer provided.

3. already ran ChkDsk, no errors reported.

4. I've used the system for about 2 weeks without antivir, and with a Vista Firewall Control 32-bit. Problems started escalating once i installed nod32 trial version and tried the first scan: BSOD. Uninstalled nod32 in safe mode, tried to install Kaspersky, BSOD on install..

If there's any other information i can give or any other way to debug so that the system gives more info, please tell me. I've had more than 30 BSOD in the last 24 hours.

Hmm, NOD32 is is a good product. But the 0x50 does mention antiviruses as a possibility.

Perhaps when you uninstalled NOD32 it might have left remnants of itself. If you would like more help with NOD32 go to the Wilders Security Forums. It is the official NOD32 forums and you'll get good prompt help. Tell them exactly what issues you've had since installing their trial version along with what you attempted to do to rectify the issue.

It is a very active community that deals with all kinds of antiviruses, firewalls, antispyware, etc. It is one of my favorites.

Do us a favor and get back to us with the outcome.

Thank you, i'll also ask for help on the Wilders forum. But thing is, BSOD have started even before installing nod32, but were about once a day, same 0x50 exception. Got same error using Vista Ultimate x64, but without the BSOD.

Will post the feedback i get from other forum.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions, i'm open, as i'm getting quite desperate.

I tried once to revert to last known good configuration. Didn't fix anything.

UPDATE

Just had another 2 BSOD, once while scanning comp with kaspersky, once while scanning in safe mode with kaspersky. Crashed at less than 3%.

Also had other applications crash while scaning system: nod32, RegClean, sfc...

3rd BSOD hile writing this post..

I've attached the 2 minidumps from the kaspersky BSOD.

Both are, again, 0x50 issues. And one is fileinfo.sys which is part of your OS. And ntkrpamp.exe was cited again as well. It is this latter driver that gives me the most concern because it is one of the very central core drivers of Windows OS and this has repeated over and over again in your minidump files.

Have you tried a Windows Repair as I suggested earlier.

So, tried Windows Repair, seemed to work at first, no BSOD while working on it. However, wanted to run a defrag, system BSOD again. Also seems scanning with antivirus (tried 3 alreadty) or regcleaners end in BSOD.
However, did a pre-boot scan with avira, and that worked. So i'm suspecting some kind of raid driver vista problem. Thing is all drivers are updated from nvidia site, even tried older drivers given by dell..

I'm thinking to install Windows XP to see if it works. However i would still like to solve this in Vista..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back