Frequent BSOD on Win7 64-bit

shtk

Hi guys

since 4 days ago, my computer gets massive bsod during boot, idle, randomly and frequently. I tried to reinstall win 7 and still gets random bsod.(I have done full virus check using essential antivirus program. but the system keeps getting frequent bsod somehow. the system awaits loading datas for safe mode then restarts without going into the safe mode.)

after half an hour trial I could move my dump files to usb.

I tried to start comp without video card or extra sound card. but even without it I got bsod. I think the problem is either Hard disk, ram failure, cpu cooling problem.(I have h10 portable watercooling system)

thank you for reading the thread.

my system is
amd black 855 be
m4a 78te motherboard
radeon 4890 video
6gb ram
1tb hd

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    90.3 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

ram

hi, yes as soon as I realize that the problem is from the rams, I will get them replaced with warranty. but after using different brand rams I purchased, I had two BSODs..

I am attaching dump files again

Thank you in advance for your help

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    36 KB · Views: 1
One error is 0x3D: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
This bug check appears very infrequently. So much so there is little diagnostic information concerning this error. From Microsoft this is their "helpful" advice: A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. Yeah, right, that narrows it down.

However, the minidump file did cite the Creative audio driver P17.sys as the cause of your crashes. You'll want to update drivers but before doing so read the following...

Your other error error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source o 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

I am thinking, however, that this error may have occured because you installed different RAM. Please do the following:

1. Give us the make of your motherboard and memory.

2. Install your previous RAM and then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

3. Are any components overclocked? If so, put any oced hardware back to default settings.

3. Is your system free of dust?

thx

I got my old rams replaced to new ones (same brand - OCZ fatal1ty) to AMD M4a-78Te motherboard.. but there are BSODs with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a).

I am attaching the recent dumps I get after chaning the rams...

could this problem cause due to my Hitachi 1tb HD or are these still associated with the rams?

Attachments

• Minidump (2).zip
    116.5 KB · Views: 1
Memory corruption was cited as the issue. Though MPfilter.sys and the ATI drive atkmag.sys were also cited. But with corrupted memory it will cause a system to throw out different errors with different probable causes but the bottom line is bad RAM.

You need to go back to my second post and follow the instructions on both sets of memory. Also, find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

i have not tested the memory but just replaced them to new one..

my voltage setting is set as auto and from the ram it says, 9-9-9 1.7V.

i tried to insert one ram instead of two and i now noticed that my 2nd ram slot is corrupted. (i tried to put 1st ram on 1st slot then put 2nd ram on 2nd slot. its either 2nd ram or 2nd slot problem. i am putting two rams to 1st and 3rd slot to see if 2nd ram is corrupted.. i will let you know.

thank you for the quick reply and support

Back