Frequent BSoD

Hi,

I am looking for some help into diagnosing why my laptop will BSoD so frequently. It tends to BS on average about 5 times a day and the laptop is used for Business work and only used during working hours.

I have attached a couple of the minidumps that are produced, I just 3 randomly that occured from today.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID:2057

Extra information about the problem
BCCode:f4
BCP1:0000000000000003
BCP2:FFFFFA800944EA10
BCP3:FFFFFA800944ECF0
BCP4:FFFFF80003B92470
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:256_1

Im not sure if this is useful but I will post it incase it is.

if anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks,
Simon

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
A factory restore would be a good option. You'll know right then and there that if the restore goes through and windows works, it was the OS. If you still get BSOD after the restore, or in a more unlikely scenario, during the restore process. Then you could guess that it would more likely be hardware related.

In the worst case scenario. If it's hardware related and the restore fails then it could possibly be the hard drive disk going bad. In a chkdsk scan you will start getting bad sectors and read errors in the event log, that reminds me... Look for any ntfs errors in your event logs and any other HDD related messages.

If you dont want to restore. Then click on start menu and search for "msconfig."

This will allow you to view most of the programs that start up during windows boot up process. You can uncheck unnecessary applications, usually most, if not all (in my opinion, usually) See if that helps with the blue screens...

Post results, or questions... if any.

The "factory" restore may be able to start from any recovery options presented when the laptop first starts up. An F key press may start the recovery options installed on this laptop

Tmagic, never heard of the F key initiating the restore. If you meant F function keys.... F1 F2 and so on. Depending on the laptop you could hit F8 to enter windows extra options at bootup and select repair my computer. From there I can tell you how to do it, if the OP needs to know, I can list directions on how to perform the restore once I get the model of the laptop.

Back