Frequent modem reboots required

Solrock

So I Just had to go through a pretty long virus recovery, it ended up in me needing to clean install windows and pretty much reinstall everything so that being said here's my problem:

Before the reformat I never had internet or modem problems. And since I've been having to reboot my modem every so often because I just randomly lose internet but when it happens all the lights are on just like normal and all the lights on my router are fine as well.

When i go to troubleshoot the problem i get the message "Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues" and i have to unplug it for a little bit.

I have Cox ISP, my router is Asus WL-520GU with a SB5101 surfboard modem.

Usually when i notice the reset its when i'm playing WoW or counter-strike. I don't know if the usage could be the cause of the reset. When i was downloading and updating wow i had to reset every 10 minutes or so but i also had problems with my Avast firewall i think, which never caused a problem before either.

My modem is about 3-4 years old and i would say i might need a new one, but it doesn't make sense that it works fine until i reformat my computer and now it's suddenly dying.

Back