Frequest BSOD (Device Driver) Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vragabond

I have been experiencing blue screen of death for a while now. The problem is that they happen so sporadically it is impossible to figure out why they happen. At least for me. There have been times when it crashed four or five times a day and then it ran a week without a crash. And I've been using it in the exact same way. Sometimes Windows comes back with a problem with display driver or audio driver and after installing a new driver it usually works better for a few days and then returns to the old ways.

The system is old and I am planning on replacing it shortly, so I don't really mind if the crashes happen once a week, but multiple times a day is too much. The error event is 1003 (category 102), the names are usually different, although it most often appears as ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG. My system at the moment is very simple:
- AMD 2600+ CPU
- 1024 MB RAM
- ASUS A7N8X2 Motherboard
- Radeon 9600 PRO
- On-board sound card
- D-Link Wireless LAN card DWL-G520
- Windows XP SP2
I don't know how much that helps.

I have updated all the drivers multiple times and also tried with the older drivers. I tested my memory and it came out clean. I removed all my hardware and put it back in. I tried with a different sound card and by changing IRQ settings (as much as I could). I have read countless threads about this and followed the advice there. Nothing made any considerable difference. I could not create a system that would crash all the time or a system that wouldn't crash.

I am adding dumps from the last 4 crashes. I hope someone can shed some light on this because I am at a complete loss. I have never had a computer that crashed regularly and have been putting together my computers for the last 15 years.

I will be very thankful if anyone who understands (and can read) these dumps to shed some light on this.

Is there no one that can analyse these dumps for me? I hate to bump my own thread, but I was hoping for some clues.

Here's a new one from today. The error report said antivirus error, but since it looks like all other errors, it seems unlikely. Any new ideas? Do my dump files not show at anything?

It looks like a hardware problem. Memory testers aren't perfect. If you have two sticks of RAM try running with just one at a time.

Thank you very much for your reply. I suppose there is not much I can do and I might just wait until I upgrade/buy new computer. Because of the sporadic nature of the restarts, I don't know if I am willing to run my computer for days and days on 512MB and wait for something to happen. Because as I said, sometimes the restarts don't happen for a week or so. And since my original post, my computer only crashed once. Oh well, at least I've learned something about it and maybe if the crashes happen more often, I will try and investigate this route.

I know I am not really cooperating and will understand if you decide not to help, but I had two more crashes yesterday and I was hoping dumps might yield more information this time. If anyone has time and knowledge to check them, I would appreciate their effort.

The last three are crashed by Kaspersky. You can always uninstall it for problem isolation.

BugCheck 19, {20, 85e56fc0, 85e56fc0, a00001e}
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+128b8 )
Image name: klif.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 27 21:31:57 2007 (468266CD)

Thank you very much. I will remove Kaspersky and see if it gets any better. Maybe it will return to crashes being only once a week or so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back