Fresh XP install problem...

dom911

All,

I have searched a couple of similar problems with no avail. I just swapped out HDD on my Toshiba A215 which initially came with Vista OS. I have now installed XP and Im not getting audio, internet connection or my wifi is not working either. I dont have the drivers CD and Ive looked. Is there anyways I can get up and running or if anyone can link me the drivers I need to make this all work?

I would appreciate any help I can get

sorry about that its an a215-s7417

Im on the site now and found wiress and Lan drivers so im doing that now and hoping i can get a connection on the laptop to DL the audio

i got the wireless, I seem to have a problem with the XP i got from a friend, everytime i try to update it doesnt and the laptop shuts down, might have to re-format and install XP from another disc....again

Ok normally it should run well as XP is supported by most of the branded laptop. Try to re-install your windows and see what it give you or simply install windows 7 on it where drivers will be installed automatically for you.

im in the process of trying to do that, im trying to wipe the drive from that XP to try another XP, but cant seem to get it...so far

Ray, i didnt try windows 7, the only copy of 7 i have is for the wifes laptop and its a different brand than mine

Back