Friday Night on Techspot

Just wondering. It feels like I am in an abandoned village all by myself watching the tumbleweeds go by.

Goody!

Now this is what I like. A busy forum. It is as if everyone returned from recess. Missed yah all!:D

It's Like Spring Fever......Well Except it's Year round...

Many of our members are young people. That said, the weekend is their time to date and presumptively mate. I don't know what that means, my own feeling is that an automobile is for superior to a presumptive for mating purposes. Sadly I am old, so that presumptives could be the way of the future. Things change at such a dizzying pace, it simply boggles the mind. There are so few drive-in movies left, our species may die out. Hopefully, Ford Motor Company will not discontinue the "Presumptive" as it has the poorly spelled "Prefect", or we are surely doomed.

I have quit coming so often as I have finally gotten a life. *GASP*

Ok, so what, its not the best life, but its working for me. XD

Anyway, I'll personally still be around, just not half as often (not even 1/8 as often).

You, Go, Mo.......

The internet certainly doesn't represent all that life has to offer.
Old school wisdom provides this adage, "anything that's truly fun is either illegal, immoral, or fattening". I always suggest staying away from illegal and fattening, but immoral is a judgment call, use your own discretion.

Wow, to stay away from illegality is impossible for me. The size of the crime, on the other hand, is always very small.

Anyway, the internet is very handy. Getting my A+ the end of this year...

Superlatives..Teensy, Big, Bigger, and Heinous...

Wow, to stay away from illegality is impossible for me. The size of the crime, on the other hand, is always very small. ...
Emile Durkheim went on at some length about why we even have crime. Other sociologists have labored over it's origins and significance.

I say just relax and enjoy it.

Anyway, the internet is very handy. Getting my A+ the end of this year...

Is that an A+ in internet? Help me, once again I'm confoozed

A+ Certification, as in here: comptia.com

The very first cert. that you should get in the computer field.... if your going into any tech support style job.

Dicussion within the forum???

Somewhat unnecessary multiple posts... but in a way I agree, though you can't blame people for taking a break on Friday night.

That said, that's why we now feature a discussion in our frontpage every Friday, check out this week's discussion topic:

Weekend open forum: How many CPU cores power your PC today?
https://www.techspot.com/news/31723-weekend-open-forum-how-many-cpu-cores-power-your-pc-today.html

How about a discussion within the forum. Do this by starting a weekend discussion(s) at the "Meeting Spot" section of the forum. The truth is no one spends too much time on the front page. I don't! To make this more interesting, and justifiable I think that you should do a poll to see if the majority would agree with this. I think it is a good idea.

I think he's trying to bridge the 'gap' between the front page and the forums. I think its mostly 2 seperate groups of people with only a little overlap. Sort of like a Venn Diagram.

I know I rarely go to the front page, but I believe I participated in last week's friday discussion, or maybe it was the previous week's.

I was busy friday, had to open up the lab for 2 slackers who didn't show up during actual lab hours. Then I had a departmental picnic at 4pm, finally got out of there around 5:45, then drove an hour to pick up my sister, then another 3.25 up to Kansas City. Spent the weekend there with family, and just got back home about an hour ago.. long weekend.

Back