TechSpot

Friends can't connect to Minecraft server

By xYeahxToastx
Aug 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, so I just got xfinity internet and before that I could host servers no problem. Now with this new internet and router its all new so I looked up youtube vids and found one that might help. I did everything as followed in the video and set up my ports and started the server. I connected with localhost on the computer im running it on but I cant connect with other computers, also I went to canyouseeme.org to see if my ports were open and they are. I tried giving my friends the ip from ipchicken but that didnt work, I tried using that ip with :25565 at the end but that didnt work, only thing that works is the localhost on the computer im hosting it on so im stuck now and I need help on how to get my friends and myself to connect using a different computer.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,468   +327

yes, your friends need to access you using this as a model
    Code:
    http : // ipchicken_ip_address : mindcraft_server_port_number/
    CanYouSeeMe.org is reliable: ie it reports correctly when it can find the server port and can open it.
    It should be no different than your friends, but the ISP might have a QoS filter to mess with you,
    so try a none-standard port for Mindcraft and redo to the portforwarding setup.

btw: be sure your MC server is always at the same local-ip address.

3. LOKRAN

LOKRAN TS Rookie

Any idea how to port forward Shiro Corp, cause when I try to portforward, the canyouseeme.org says it cant see my port

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.