Front headphone jack has stopped working

By necro987
Jun 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so im playing wow and all of a sudden my sound goes off and i cant hear music or anything so i minimized and unplugged my headphones and plugged em back in..still no sound. I unplugged them and restarted my computer and they still dont work. I rly need help with this it happens often with my computors for some reason :(.

Computor specs:
    HP a6763w Desktop

Operating System - Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with SP1

Processor - AMD® Phenom 9150e X4 Processor
    Processor Speed - 1.8 GHz
    Bus Speed - 2000 MHz Hyper Transport 1.0

Memory - 7168MB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Video Graphics - Integrated GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics

Hard Drive - 640GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

Optical Drive - SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
    Card Reader - 15-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader (SD, MMC, RS-MMC, MS, MS Pro/Duo, Pro Duo, SM, xD, mini SD, CF I/II, MD, MMC Mobile, MMC+

Audio - ALC888S chipset, High Definition Surround Sound Capable, 7.1 channels

Network - 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45)

Keyboard - HP multimedia keyboard

Mouse - HP PS/2 optical mouse

Headphones:Cyber AC-9620 Gaming Headset

I have the latest drivers for everything and its definantly the jack thats not working because i tried the headset on another computer and it works :(

****just found out if i go to speakers and hit test i can hear the test sound but i cant hear anything else

******Ummm when the jack isnt all the way in but 1 notch from being all the way in i can hear fine....
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,459   +135

Reinstall the sound drivers
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.