Front Right Speaker not working (5.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 and a Creative Audigy 2 Platinum. I recently came back from the Creative site, updating all my products. Now, my front right doesn't have any sound. I decided to go further and check the inside of the speaker... it looked perfectly fine. I hooked it up somewhere else and it worked.

Now it seems to be a problem with the woofer where everything is connected.

Yes, don't ask, I've been playing with Creative Speaker settings and the EAX console for a LONG time.

And now, sometimes when I plug the speaker into the right channel on the woofer, it plays as center.

I can't properly calibrate the speakers because after choosing rear left for instance, the sound plays again there and I can't choose it again.

All help appreciated.

(I can't roll back Windows XP, I'm using 0% backup saving)

Actually, for some reason, it doesn't detect my front right speaker, but it works. Then, for front right, it sounds like all the speakers are playing at low pitch.

Something is definately wrong.

2 years later....

I am having the exact same problem with an Audigy ZS 2 OEM and the creative P5800 5.1 Speaker set.

I have narrowed this down to being a problem with either the soundcard itself, or the soundcard drivers/software.

I tested the same speaker set on my Onboard 5.1 (ASUS A7V600-X), and when i plug one of the inputs in, the center and front right speaker work together. Therefore the front right connection on the subwoofer cannot be faulty.

I have updated my drivers to the most recent from the creative website.

So can anybody give me some advice as to why my front right speaker does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back