Front usb switches on k7s5a motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,
I have a k7s5a mothboard and need to know where the switches are for the front usb ports so if anyone can send me a sheet showing the location of the switches that would be great.

Most do not have any. They work from the chipset drivers when plugged in. Are you having trouble. Are you talking about audio or video?
You can see if they are set up by going to Device Manager in System, and see if there are any yellow or red flags by the exisiting USB ports that are listed as detected.
If not fully setup, wait until everything is setup.

Hey, I remember that board.

I'm not sure what 'switches are', but if you need a pin-out for the USB headers (The pins that you plug your front USB ports into on the board), this is a PDF file of the manual for it. The pin out is on pages 17-18.

Hi Rick,
I noticed that there are a few red switches on the motherboard which would be for the usb ports but the manual doesn't say which one I need to change to turn the usb ports on.

Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure what switches you are talking about. I don't remember seeing any switches on the K7S5A... just jumpers.

k7s5a.JPG

Oh, okay. The red jumper in that picture is the 'Clear CMOS' jumper. The only other jumpers I'm familiar on ECS boards around this time period control the DDR voltage or disable/enable onboard sound. I don't remember ever seeing a jumper to disable/enable USB on any of these boards, although I've certainly been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back