TechSpot

FTS Computers -- legit or not?

By Stobb0
Apr 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all, recently I was searching around for a good Gaming Desktop and stumbled across this:
    http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3230/2...adeon-5450-1gb-Desktop-Gaming-PC/Product.html
    It seems like such a great computer, considering what I want to do with it is play Minecraft. But I'm slightly concerned about it. It has half the price of its similar spec competitors, and what I want to know is: Is it legit or not?
    Thanks
    Stobb0
  2. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +44

Personally, the system look pretty cool to me! I spent like 10-15 minutes giving the system...."on paper"....a look over. Now if this was an Intel i7 chip, yeah I might be a little wary of the 373.77 Pounds price, equaling $604.46 American dollars. But for me to build a system like this for a client, I would mentally figure somewhere around $550.00 on the low end and maybe like $725.00 to $750.00 on the high end. So falling almost in the middle of my mental price estimation of around $605.00 sounds about right. I'm sure other around here might chime in and give you their opinion, maybe they will see something here that I'm not. But for all intents and purposes I would say "why not" and "give it a go"!

Go with your gut, see what it say's, if it feels good about this.........then go with it! If your gut tells you whoa slow down, something ain't right.............stay away from the deal then!

But if you do this, you'll be able to play more than just Minecraft!

Good luck...
  3. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 467

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.